We always wish to be involved in a financing exercise from the outset, including the very crucial strategic planning/packaging stages upon which success so much depends.
Each financing project is handled by a dedicated team which works very closely with our client throughout the financing.
A typical work program for a financing exercise in the international capital markets could include the following steps:
- strategic planning – project content, scope, strategy, targeting
- initial sounding out of possible investors
- completion of preparations – introductory materials, business plans, supplementary information; legal and accounting considerations; financial projections, valuation, pricing, etcetera
- initial discussions/meetings with possible investors; Q and A; further exchanges of relevant information; follow-up meetings and dialogues as appropriate
- due diligence (legal, accounting, other)
An international financing exercise can typically take from 2-3 months, sometimes more, although we always try to speed up the decision making process as far as possible. Some international travel by our clients as well as ourselves is often called for.
Taishan Capital’s working terms follow standard practice in the international corporate finance/investment banking industry, although our fees are much lower. Typically our fees include:
- a working fee, to lead and organize all tasks related to a financing exercise, from start to finish. Helps offset some of our management / overhead costs incurred during the financing process.
- reimbursement of incidental out-of-pocket expenses.
- a success fee, usually calculated as a percentage of amounts actually invested that are directly arranged by us. This is payable upon the successful closing of the financing .